Overview for the Spectra GL622N Dual Grade Laser
The Spectra GL622N is a self-leveling, dual-grade construction laser with long-range operation up to 2,600 feet. With an intuitive keypad and graphic display, this rotary laser features automatic axis alignment and offers PlaneLok and grade matching capabilities for highly-accurate results. Capable of tilting on both axes for precise measurement of slopes, the GL622N laser can be used in a wide variety of outdoor grading and excavating. Automatic axes alignments can be accomplished by positioning the laser receiver at the direction hub in a range of ±40° at the desired laser axis. This allows construction professionals to easily perform axis alignments for grade work applications such as sports fields, parking lots, tennis courts, driveways or any irregular field with non-perpendicular grade profiles.
Ideal for agricultural and construction applications, the Spectra GL622N grade laser delivers a self-leveling accuracy of ±1/16th inch. It also has automatic dual grade range of ±25% in both axes, providing fast and easy horizontal level and vertical plumb setup. The self-plumb in the vertical position enables an even wider range of applications such as anchor bolt installation, form, tilt up, and curtain wall plumbing. You can also mount this grade laser vertically or horizontally on a 5/8-11 tripod thread. It also includes an RC602 radio remote control, which has a backlit graphic display and gives you full control of the laser from up to 330 feet away.
The Spectra GL622N incorporates automatic temperature and grade compensation for high accuracy in any weather or geographical location. Mask mode eliminates interference with other crews using a laser onsite and electronic leveling vibration filter reduces vibrations typically experienced on tall tripods, in high winds or on high vibration job sites. With its rugged design, the GL622N laser level can survive a drop of up to three feet on concrete. It also features IP67 rating moisture and dust sealing to handle the tough construction environment. This dual grade slope laser works up to 35 hours using rechargeable NiMH batteries and approximately 40 hours using alkaline batteries.
Features and Benefits
- Multiple Applications - the Spectra Precision GL612N and GL622N provides the ability to control level, alignment, single grade /dual grade (GL622N only) and set 90 degrees.
- Automatic self-levelling - provides fast, easy set-up for horizontal level, grade or vertical alignment
- Automatic Grade Matching - meaning the laser moves to the on-grade position on the receiver automatically by communicating wirelessly with the receiver and the grade is then calculated – this is generally used when a constant fall is desired but the grade may not be known (renewing existing driveways or matching existing surfaces)
- Grade Range - Large, fully compensated grade range from -25% to 25% - keeping the laser levelled no matter what grade you need reducing errors and improving productivity.
- Anti-Vibration Filter - A laser can be affected high vibration or strong wind, especially when the laser is mounted on a tall tripod –both the GL612N and G622N have an anti-vibration filter that can be set according to the conditions allowing work to continue regardless of wind conditions or excessive vibrations.
- Temperature Compensation & PlaneLok- As temperature fluctuates throughout the working day, the internal components of a laser can expand and contract which can cause some additional error without the user noticing. This is can firstly be resolved through the automatic temperature check that the laser performs where the internal software calibrates the laser to its optimal performance based on the temperature. Additionally the PlaneLok function can be activated. This keeps the laser beam fixed to a receiver in a set a position eliminating any error that can be caused by fluctuating temperatures, keeping the laser accurate and error free.
- Automatic Axis Alignment - A critical factor when working with grade is alignment to the grade hub. If an alignment is off, error can be introduced and exaggerated. The GL622N has an Automatic Axis Alignment function, allowing the user to set-up simply and quickly, maintaining accuracy and eliminating costly errors.
- Rugged - the GL612N and GL622N can withstand a 1m (3 feet) drop directly onto concrete or 1.5m (5 feet) pushover on tripod, eliminating costly repairs.
- Mask Mode - the GL612N and GL622N have a virtual masking function that allows the laser beam to be turned off in up to 3 sides, avoiding false reading from glass reflections or interfering with other lasers on the same jobsite.